Facebook (www.facebook.com / Birmingham, MI)
Managing Global Client Partner (Ford), Global Account Team November ‘15 to April ‘17
Responsibilities included: Account Vision, 1Yr|3Yr Plan, global learning agenda, executive relationship development and supporting both regional and local account teams
• Territory: Global, with teams in Americas, LATAM, EMEA and APAC, where we serviced Ford in 16 countries (passively in 40 additional countries)
• Revenue: Delivered +100% growth in both ’15 and ’16 and was on track for +$80M in ‘17
• Accounts: Ford & Lincoln, which included Mobility, FCSD, Racing and Ford Credit
• Projects: Global shopper and deficit audience initiatives, propensity modelling, EMEA Fiesta Launch (creative leadership) and Global GTB and Ford education.
Yahoo.com, Inc. (www.yahoo.com / Southfield, MI)Sr Director, Global Client Relationship (P&G), Global Sales May ‘11 to Present
Responsibilities included: Driving digital media revenue and supporting corporate initiatives and sophisticated solutions
• Strategy and Planning - Analyze global performance, balance revenue types, develop "platform" concepts and sync calendars
• Execution: Reporting, communication, staffing and issue resolution
• Territory: Global (Americas, LATAM, EMEA and APAC)
• Revenue: Business nearing $100 million in yearly recognized revenue
• Accounts: Actively manage and support 60+ Brands, in 25 countries
'12 & '14 Global Olympics Initiative, Datasharing and Hawkeye Programmatic Implementation
Responsibilities included: Driving digital media revenue from top tier brand advertisers and prospecting medium to large organizations to obtain new marketing dollars.
• Build leading branding campaigns, search initiatives and offer sophisticated direct response solutions
• Analyze campaign performance statistics and recommend optimized media solutions
• Territory: Mid-west and Western U.S. (Covering Detroit, Chicago, Dallas and LA offices)
• Revenue: Manage business exceeding $5.0 million in yearly recognized revenue
• Accounts: Actively manage and support 75+ accounts
AutoTrader.com, Inc. (www.autotrader.com / Novi, MI) August ‘07 to June ‘08
Director, Solutions Strategy, National Accounts
AutoTrader.com is the world’s largest online automotive marketplace, where 3.5MM new and used vehicle listings are shopped by over 13MM unique monthly visitors.
Responsibilities included: Directing OEM related product development strategy and providing a deep understanding of OEM marketing needs, to identify and capitalize on opportunities.
• Product strategy – Direct product managers to develop cohesive strategic plans that will directly support annual business objectives
• Planning process – Direct annual AutoTrader.com Solutions Planning as it relates to OEM products
• Lead product concept phases, support design and build as a subject matter expert
• Support National Sales / Brand Teams through concept launch and implementation
Volkswagen of America, Inc. (www.vw.com / Auburn Hills, MI) June ‘07 to August ‘07
General Manager, Customer Marketing/Brand Experience, Marketing
Responsibilities included: Direction of the overall brand experience including owner marketing, conquest prospecting, events, auto shows, interactive marketing and ensuring that all elements of the marketing mix follow a cohesive and results driven strategic approach.
• Leading strategic direction, plan development and management of VW’s non-traditional and experiential marketing
• Building and gaining consensus for owner loyalty strategies and managing owner business intelligence through data management, and loyalty targeting
• Determining, approving and maintaining a combined budget responsibility of $85MM
General Manager, Certified Pre-Owned & Corporate Sales, Sales Operations July ‘03 to June ‘07
CPO responsibilities included: Development and ongoing development of entire program (including policy, guidelines, staff, and direction of all sales and marketing support)
• Managed a “risk sharing agreement” between the brand VW and credit arm, and managed a $40+MM sales and marketing budget, a $25MM warranty accrual that supported a $9B retail asset portfolio. The result, the VW CPO program won the Intellichoice “Best Non-Luxury” program 4 years running, generated $1B in retail sales, with $100MM gross margin for our dealers.
Corporate Sales responsibilities included: Initiation and sponsorship of department and program launch, management and continuous improvement of all corporate sales initiatives.
• Developed relationships and internal processes to sell vehicles to rental car and commercial fleet customers, contracted a military sales sub-distributor, developed a sophisticated service loaner program and supported an enhanced company car program. The result, corporate sales grew from under 2% of total sales in ‘03 to over 12% in ’07 (at 27,000 units / $400MM in revenue).
Brand Transformation Team Leader for both McKinsey and Deloitte consulting engagements.
Impact Blue (Calgary, AB, Canada) September ‘02 to July ‘03
Vice President, Integrated Communications and Marketing Strategy
Impact Blue provides advertising, eBusiness solutions, web sites, investor relations applications and direct marketing programs to leading brands.
• Strategy, planning and P&L responsibility for eBusiness and Direct Marketing business units
• Product development for direct response and New Media related products and services
• Strategist on comprehensive customer campaigns
• Business Development / Account Executive for 10+ major accounts
Globel Direct, Inc. (Calgary, AB, Canada) July ‘00 to September ‘02
Vice President, Sales, Business Development and New Media (Company Director)
Globel Direct was one of Canada’s largest marketing and communications service providers, with four locations, offering critical document processing, call center, fulfillment, direct marketing and letter-shop services and new media products.
• Company Director - assisted the CEO and Board of Directors with strategy development
• Directed and managed national sales staff of 16 with $40MM+ (CAD) in annual revenue
• Development of New Media related products and services / P&L for eWorks Division
• Strategist for 10+ Tier One accounts ($250,000+ annual account revenue)
Advanstar Communications, Inc (Cleveland, OH) October ‘99 to June ‘00
Group Marketing Director, OEM Processing Division
Advanstar Communications () is a global business information company that publishes magazines and journals, produces expositions, and provides marketing support services.
Responsible for marketing 12 B-to-B publications & 6 related trade shows:
• Developed sales planning process and marketing deployment strategies
• Ensured cost effective marketing and promotional activities, facilitated group purchasing for promotional material and research and standardized individual properties marketing plans
• Directed New Media and “Hive4” (vertical purchasing communities) activities
Crain Communications, Inc (Detroit, Michigan) August ‘96 to October ‘99
Marketing and Circulation Manager, AutoWeek
Crain Communications () provides news and information to consumers and industry leaders with over 30 publications, including the Automotive News and the Ad Age groups.
Responsible for marketing and promotion:
• Developed marketing strategy and implemented proactive marketing plans
• Developed, implemented and managed the sales strategies, promotional material and events
• Directed PR, “house” advertising and developed and implemented value added merchandising and marketing programs for advertisers and managed the website and all eCommerse activity
Responsible for the circulation (300,000+ weekly):
• Planned development direct marketing strategies to ensure circulation growth and profitability
• Managed the forecasting model, new business production and renewals and invoices to ensure weekly rate base guarantee, renewal rate targets, print order and contribution objectives
• Ensured consistent communications with fulfillment, customer service and distribution
Interamericana Transport Industries, Inc (Miami, Florida) January ‘95 to July ‘96
Sales Manager, Audi Export Sales
Interamericana is the distributor of Volkswagen and Audi vehicles and parts for Central America, Columbia, Ecuador and the Caribbean.
• Directed development of 12 Dealers (located in 10 countries)
• Developed business and marketing plans, regional product programs and negotiated marketing assistance from the factory.
• Developed and maintained the sales planning system that balanced the monthly orders, sales and stock with the dealer based incentive programs
• Conducted regional product, sales and motivational training
Audi AG (Ingolstadt, Germany) September ‘93 to January ‘95
Marketing Support Manager - North, Central and South America, International Sales Division
In order to grow worldwide sales, in June of 1993 Audi AG gained responsibility for worldwide marketing and sales from their parent company Volkswagen AG and thus set up the Audi International Sales and Marketing Division. The world was divided into ten territories and each territory was autonomous in their budgeting, product planning and sales and marketing support activities.
• Assisted importers/distributors with developing and implementing strategic marketing plans, including consistent and cost effective regional marketing activities, while ensuring dealer based marketing and activities were appropriate to achieve the targeted retail sales volume.
• Provided importers with financial support for pricing initiatives and marketing activities, while
administering regional export marketing budgets.
• Managed North America product planning and pricing.
Volkswagen Canada, Inc. (Toronto, Ontario) August ‘90 to August ‘93
Product Planner, Product Information Specialist and
New Model Launch Coordinator, Planning and Research
• Analyzed market and consumer feedback to determine future product offerings, pricing strategies and model positioning to meet customer demands. And provided model mix, option installation rates and volumes for short and long term planning.
• Administered the retail product information system that provided both internal and external customers with the complete definition of the model program, including price lists and order guides.
New Model Launch Coordinator:
• Planned and supported communications to coordinate new vehicle launches.
Volkswagen AG (Wolfsburg, Germany) December ‘89 – July ‘90
Management Trainee, Volkswagen and Audi Product Marketing
• Administered the Canadian product program for the VW production and pricing system, while providing timely and accurate product information to the importer.
• Disney University - The Disney Approach to People and Management
• Audi Academy - Intermediate German and Advanced Marketing, Budgeting & Controlling seminars
• Volkswagen Academy - Leadership Development Program, Communications Benchmarking
• Computer Skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Advantage, Promail, PeopleSoft, Outlook
Northwood University (Midland, Michigan)
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration
• Term-in-Europe overseas study program graduate
Michigan State University (East Lansing, Michigan)
• Studied Pre-Engineering and Business Administration undergraduate programs
I am involved in or have been involved in a number of professional organizations including the Direct Marketing Association, Canadian Marketing Association and European Marketing Association and on a local level with the Detroit Adcraft Club and Partners-in-Technology (Calgary, AB). I am also called upon as an industry spokesperson by various trade journals and conferences and speak frequently about online, sales, marketing and related topics at colleges and universities.
PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES (contact information provided as requested):
Kevin Kelley, CEO, Volkswagen Credit Inc.
Len Hunt, former CEO, KIA Motors America, Inc.
Jeff Parent, VP Business Strategy, Gulf States Toyota, Inc. (formerly VP Marketing and Sales, Nissan Canada, Inc.)
David Wicks, VP, Volkswagen Credit Canada, Inc.
Charlie Waterhouse, CEO, Stepford Group, Inc.
Dutch Mandel, Editor and Associate Publisher, AutoWeek Inc.
Adam Chandler, VP Sales (East/Canada), Pointroll.com (Gannett, Inc.)
Steve Neder, Marketing Director, Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Kris Arthur, National Account Executive, AutoTrader.com
Patrick J. McFall